Kangatraining – Mums & Bubs post natal fitness
Join us for one of our classes!
The original baby-wearing workout for a healthy mum and happy baby!
Kangatraining is a fitness program for Mums and Bubs which operates in over 30 countries and has been voted Australia’s favourite post natal workout multiple years running! Check out our International/national page here: https://kangatraining.info/go/kangatraining
Kangatraining Kingston & Surrounds currently holds classes in Highett, Cheltenham, Chelsea , and St Kilda.
What is Kangatraining?
Kangatraining is a dance based choreographed workout that is perfect for mothers to socialise, exercise without the need to find a babysitter and enjoy all the health benefits without going to the gym! There is no need to be coordinated though and I will be the first to admit that I have 2 left feet!! And although it is low impact I promise you will sweat!!
Kangatraining means a total body workout while your baby can relax and enjoy being close to you. As a qualified post natal trainer I will take you through a specifically designed program that focuses on re-strengthening your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles, as well as the correct posture while carrying your baby.
Whether you want to get back into shape post pregnancy, have a laugh with friends, or just get out of the house, you can enjoy a safe workout with a qualified trainer, while your baby relaxes and enjoys being close to you.
Why choose Kangatraining?
- no need for a babysitter
- total body workout
- promotes mother and baby bonding
- led by a qualified post natal instructor
- positive outcomes for postnatal depression
- social, meeting other like-minded mothers
- relaxed and fun environment
- creates a support structure
- promotes healthy mind and body
- promotes safe and healthy baby wearing
When can I commence classes?
You can begin Kangatraining once you have been given the “all clear” from your health professional to start exercising. This is usually from 6 weeks postpartum or 12 weeks following a Caesarean section. I will ask you to complete a health questionnaire to highlight any concerns so that I can modify the exercises in the workout for you.
Is there an age limit for babies?
There is no age limit as long as you can wear your baby comfortably and safely.
Is my baby carrier suitable and what if I don’t have one?
You are welcome to bring your carrier so that I can assess its suitability for class. I will also assist you in getting the best fit and comfort for you and your baby. There will be demo carriers available at each class to try out or rent for free on an ongoing basis. Our carriers can hold up to 20kgs. Come along and give it a go!
2021 Class Fees
- Single class $14 + BF
- Unlimited weekly pass: $25pw (charged weekly) We will return to 4 class and Term passes in Feb 2021
- 5 class pass: $70
- Term pass (9 weeks) $120
2021 Locations – we will slowly ease back into our venues as we progress out of COVID restrictions.
If your class isn’t available on the timetable make sure to make contact with me to register your interest! firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chelsea: Chelsea Girls Calisthenics Club, Sturdee Street, Chelsea (outdoor classes meet in the carpark)
- Cheltenham: Karkarook Park, meet in the undercover area by the toilet block (easiest to reach from carpark 1 or 2)
- St Kilda: Marina Reserve, meet behind the BP on the grassy area
- Highett: Highett Neighbourhood Community House, 3 Livingston Street, Highett, 3190 (classes to return late Jan 2021)
- Brighton: 4 Thought Psychology, 351 Nepean Hwy, Brighton East, 3187
Private Health rebates may be available for your class fees
One of the benefits for our KangaCrew is that we have health fund provider status, and you could be eligible for rebates from your private health insurance for attending sessions with Kangatraining Kingston & Surrounds
Check out the link below and contact your health fund for further information.
Please contact me to discuss your requirements once you have spoken with your health fund.